cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fibre switchover

CYK1
Joining in

Hi, maybe a member of the forum team could answer this.

I’ve received no information on the fibre switchover on my landline and wish to know when this will happen for me in my area. I am particularly concerned as the landline is used for my business and is situated in a garden office around 50 yards from my home hub, so I guess that a new cable will have to be installed. Will Virgin carry this out?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

CYK

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CYK1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry that you've not received any communication about the Home Phone Switchover.

We are looking to move all landline connections onto the Fibre network by the end of 2025 as this new connection is more reliable than the old copper connection that we've previously known.

You can read more about this process on our Switchover FAQ page if you have any further questions. 

I understand that you're worried about your Business landline, can you confirm if you're a residential or a business customer? We're only able to assist with residential queries on this platform, so if you're referring to your business landline connection, please get in touch with the Business team directly on 0800 052 0800.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Paulina

it is a residential line, as I run a business from home, I also have incoming calls for this purpose.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CYK1,

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming that you're on a residential account. 

Please be aware that if you run a business on a residential account, you're not entitled to a loss of earnings if there's an outage or a fault impacting the landline. If you wish to take a look at what Business Deals we offer, we have more information on our Business page

Have you received any emails or text messages about the Switchover? Is your landline working at the moment? Please let us know so we can help further.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@CYK1 wrote:

Hi, maybe a member of the forum team could answer this.

I’ve received no information on the fibre switchover on my landline and wish to know when this will happen for me in my area. I am particularly concerned as the landline is used for my business and is situated in a garden office around 50 yards from my home hub, so I guess that a new cable will have to be installed. Will Virgin carry this out?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

CYK

Does your VM phone cable and your VM broadband cable both come in from the street to the house first of all?

Typically they will come in from the street and terminate in a plastic 'omnibox' on the front of the house before the cables are sent elsewhere in the home.

Hi,

I’ve received no texts or e-mails about the switch over. The phone is currently working on the existing phone line.

Hello CYK1.

Thanks for your post.

If you would like me to check the date I can do.

I just need to pass security first.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L