cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down

denruthgar
Joining in

I am so glad I looked on here,  my sister, who is my carer, has been trying to get hold of me,  and no landline phone.....its down....she has been worried to death,  thinking something must have happened.  She looked at the service status,  and phone says its OK....but obviously its not.  Its amazing how virgin handle things....keep the customers up to date on the status of their account.  Also the line sounds open....hope we are not getting charged extra,  we pay enough.

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @denruthgar, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the landline services. If you can provide some answers to the following questions, that would help us get a better idea of the fault and the severity of this issue.

Can you please confirm if the handset you're using is connected to the master socket, or an extension socket?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment or secondary handsets connected to extension sockets?

Have you attempted to plug in a different handset into the master socket to see if a call can come through?

Is there a dial tone on the handset?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The phone is a brand new one,  and there is no dial tone....it is plugged directly into the socket both phone and telephone line socket.  It sounds open,  and crackly.  

We only have the one phone,  so cant try another one,  but I have unplugged and plugged back in....took the batteries out of the phone,  put them back in,  and its just the same.

I have noticed there are one or two people who have no phone line due to an outage...maybe its that.

Thanks for coming back to me @denruthgar, I cannot see any issues in the local area that would be effecting you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I responded to your message with the details that you wanted....did you get it,  as I haven't heard anything,  and you said you finish at 7pm. 

We still dont have a phone...we dont have a dial tone,  and the line still sounds as if its open and crackling.

I hope it will get sorted soon,  as I am disabled,  and the phone is a necessary thing.

Thanks

Denise Gardner