Menu
PLANIT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline down for more than 24 hrs

Edinburgh area and I have lost my landline phone connection sometime early 12 August after storms.

There are no issues showing in the service status so no idea what is being done to fix it.

It has proven impossible to get to speak to a real live human being thus far, but going by what I read here that's not going to make much of a difference.

The automated service has booked me an engineer. For next Monday!

To add insult to injury I was cut off when I stupidly called the premium rate customer service line using my Virgin Mobile phone and after 5 mins exceeded my limit after

There is also a pro-forma that you can fill in online to report a problem with your phone, but guess what, it contains a glitch which prevents you filling in your address details and makes it impossible to submit. You do start to wonder if this is just another ploy to keep unhappy customers at bay. Having said that, at this rate there won't be that many left!

My contract renewal is just about here and boy do I have some harsh things to say to retentions.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down for more than 24 hrs

Hi PLANIT,

Sorry to hear about your landline issues after the storms and for the experience you've had when contacting us to get it looked at. I've had a look at your account and can see that you've spoken to an agent who has arranged an engineer to take a look. Please let us know if there are anymore issues after the visit so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa 

0 Kudos
PLANIT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The problem was diagnosed as external to my house and affecting a number of other Virgin Media customers. So why was this not flagged as an issue on the "Service Status" web page?  Sharing this information with customers would go a long way to addressing people's anxiety and may reduce the amount of calls Virgin receive from bewildered customers. It's all very well having a service status page but it's not much use if it isn't regularly updated. Big fail.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted on the situation. 

Was this information advised by the engineer? Did they advise an estimated fix time to resolve this?

^Martin

0 Kudos