Menu
matthew13
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline change Number

Hi

My elderly mum  also a virgin customer is receiving unwanted calls from a specific number known to us. I know we cant block a number so we want to change her landline number - how do we do it ?

0 Kudos
goslow
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline change Number

Nuisance calls from a specific person may be one of the few good reasons to change a phone number. VM will do one number change FOC.

Worth noting though that any 'new' number will actually be recycled from VM's pool of allocated numbers. There is a possibility that it may come with its own set of problems e.g. if it has been used in the past for a business etc. or has its own history of nuisance calls.

Some phones have the feature to block specific individual numbers but may be a bit limited in their effectiveness. Call screening devices such as trueCall can be configured to screen or block calls in a highly specific way.

One of the VM forum team will respond on here within a few days to assist further.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline change Number

Hi @matthew13,

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're mother is getting unwanted calls - I can appreciate that is very frustrating.

Have you checked this link just in case as it can tell you how to block calls. 

If so, you would need to ring us via 0345 454 1111 and our team will be more than happy to sort this for you 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos