cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline been terrible for couple of days, crackling and unable to make calls

moof
Fibre optic

No service issues showing in area. Help articles lead to infinite loop.

nothing changed this side of the wall... master socket, phone is attached

How do I get help?

(no live chat options I could see as I went round and round the pointless help links)

😣

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi moof,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your line. I've attempted to run some tests from our end, and I'm currently unable to run any diagnostics, which can indicate there is a problem.

I'm going to send you a private message so we can look into getting somebody out to take a look into this for you. Please find my PM in the top-right purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

thanks Reece. DM reply sent.

I've just checked the obvious - turned the phone off and on, checked the wall connection, outside connection, pavement connection. All looks untouched IMHO
VM neighbour doesn't have issue with his phone, although he has had a couple of calls drop today he said.

Unfortunately our fault has progressed to no calls in or out, which is a pain as the house phone is used for inbound work calls, being forward to it.

credit where credit is due

engineer came 8am following day, Saturday (thanks Reece for arranging).

courteous, knowledgable, helpful…could not fault the engineer. Great example of how customer service should be.

he switched us from landline to IP based adaptor on the smart Hub 5 and we where back in business. Clear line, calls in and out!

Thanks for the update and the lovely feedback for the engineer @moof

We're so pleased your landline is all sorted now and the service has been migrated to our Fibre network for you 🙌
Now that your line has switched over, we have some info here you may find useful. 

If we can help with anything else, let us know.

Have a great day! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’ve posted this follow up separate as it seems to be an known issue in another active post…

came home to missed calls from a No Number.  No worries, couldn’t have been important and we weren’t in. hourly spacing on the times.

by the time we went to bed we had another three missed calls and yet the phone HAD NOT RUNG 🤔

14:14 sat No Number
15:04 sat No Number

20:54 sat No Number
21:44 sat No Number
22:34 sat No Number

cleared missed call list and woke up today to another three…

03:34 sun No number
04:24 sun No number
05:14 sun No Number

good job the phone isn’t ringing at these times, but how is my BT Premium Phone, connected via VoIP adaptor to Hub 5
showing missed calls without ringing?

If I test the inbound with other phones it rings and displays as it should

TIA

We're aware of this issue @moof and it is currently under investigation. The team are working on a firmware fix but due the nature of this fault, it will require extensive testing, so as of now there is no confirmed fix date for the issue.

As soon as we know more we will pop an update on the thread here

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for the update, it appeared to be a known issue in that other thread 👍🏻

And as long as it’s not ringing the phone at ungodly o’clock, it’s a first world problem.

Look forward to a solution ASAP 🤞🏻

You're welcome @moof and thank you for your understanding. 

Hopefully, we have an update asap 🤞 🤞 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team