cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline X directory?

Larfaminute
Joining in

Hi ,

I've been with VM for only a few months but ever since the switch from another provider I've been receiving telesales, automated spam etc nearly every day since, sometimes 2 or 3 a day. My landline was registered with TPS and as far as I know it was X directory,how can I find out if it still is?

Thank you in advance for any help in this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Larfaminute,

Thanks for clarifying. Amending marketing preferences will only impact calls from Virgin Media I'm afraid. 

However, please take a look at our Dealing With Fraudulent Calls and Vishing page for more information about how you can protect yourself from this. 

Let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Larfaminute,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline services at the moment.

Can you tell us if these calls are from Virgin Media or from other service providers?

You can amend your Marketing Preferences on your online account to not receive any marketing calls or correspondence.

Let us know so that we can help further.

Thanks. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi ,

These calls are not from VM or any other service provider. Calls are from people trying to sell like garages, driveway maintenance etc ,

plus fake automated calls saying my Amazon subscription needs paying or my Bank account has had unauthorized transactions.

But I will look into my marketing preferences and see if that helps.

Thank you 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Larfaminute,

Thanks for clarifying. Amending marketing preferences will only impact calls from Virgin Media I'm afraid. 

However, please take a look at our Dealing With Fraudulent Calls and Vishing page for more information about how you can protect yourself from this. 

Let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

You are dealing with offshore telesales, the calls are placed by an auto dialer to all the numbers in an area code, it tries everyone.

TPS only applies to genuine UK firms & will not stop rogues.

Criminals and scam callers are best faced with no discussion and a prompt hang up of the phone.

A handy website to see if the caller has made many calls ... https://who-called.co.uk/

Thank you for all helpful info, most appreciated.

Thank you for your help 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Larfaminute,

Thanks for coming back to us. No problem at all. Let us know if you need any further help or assistance.

We're here if you need us. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team