cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Switchover

OrangeQuarter
Joining in

My mother's telephone was switched over on Monday.  She does not have broadband so the adapter was fitted by the engineer for her phone only.  The switchover did not work immediately and she was given a temporary number (for 24 hours maximum only) until her BT phone switched over correctly for digital use.

After 48 hours her phone was dead.  Her number does not work and the temporary number has been switched to another user (I called it and it was answered by someone who had been given the number).

This is an urgent matter for us as a family.  My mother is 90 years old and lives alone.  This state of affairs cannot continue as she needs the use of her phone.  We have been told by Virgin we may need another engineer visit but I am baffled as to why her phone cannot be switched over as we were first informed by Virgin.  Immediate was the word the used.  We need help with this asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @OrangeQuarter,

Thanks for that private chat, I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue for you, In future if you have anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks. Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @OrangeQuarter,

Firstly welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this has been an issue for you, in order for us to fully look into this we will need to invite you to private message with so we can look into your mother's account and see how we can fix the landline issue.

You can find the private message section in the top right of your screen under the envelope section. Speak to you there.

Thanks Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @OrangeQuarter,

Thanks for that private chat, I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue for you, In future if you have anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks. Joe