cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Ringing in the Middle of the Night

aclark
Joining in

This is the second time we have had a call in the middle of the night, several rings, no caller ID and then the phone stops ringing.

The phone doesn't show any record of the call neither does 1471 show who or what it was.

When I pick up the phone there is no dial tone and severe crackling, if I hang up it will call again a few minutes later.

I have to disconnect the phone (which is connected to the wall socket and not a hub) until the morning and the phone behaves as normal. I can't ring Virgin nor contact them about it as the webpage useless for direct contact, I have had to register here in hope someone reads the message!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aclark,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that your landline is ringing randomly in the middle of the night and is also experiencing no dial tone and crackling. Because of these issues, I'm going to need to pop you a private message to book a Technician.

Please look out for my PM in the top-right of the forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aclark,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that your landline is ringing randomly in the middle of the night and is also experiencing no dial tone and crackling. Because of these issues, I'm going to need to pop you a private message to book a Technician.

Please look out for my PM in the top-right of the forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost certainly scam calls from autodialers. Unlikely a VM issue.

See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/block-nuisance-calls 

All sorted, engineer came out and found corrosion on some of the connectors.

Thanks.

mtls15789
On our wavelength

This has been happening for weeks too

Thanks for coming back to us @mtls15789, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @mtls15789.

I have removed and re-added your number back onto the network, hopefully this will stop the calls coming through in the middle of the night, unfortunately there is no way for me to test this without you reporting back to me if to see if it happens again. I'm hopeful the calls will stop but I cannot 100% guarantee that this will work.

Please can you let me know if you have any further issues tonight.

Regards,

Steven_L

Sorry @mtls15789, I cannot say for sure the reasons why this has happened, I'm hoping that there is some kind of issue on your line that has caused this and a reboot of the number will hopefully have removed the issues. If this is not the case then we would need to send out a technician to investigate further.

Regards,

Steven_L