Menu
janenashnash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline Dead

No dial tone for a few weeks now. Says 'Check Phone Line' on handset. No service faults in my area (SE London) according to website, so bought new phone. Have just plugged in and it says, 'Check Phone Line'. 😱

If I call number from another phone it rings and then goes to my voicemail.

Thanks very much,

J

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline Dead

Hi janenashnash,

I am sorry to hear that your landline service has not been working for two weeks, and that you had to buy a new phone in attempt to resolve the issue.

I have checked things on this end and have been unable to see a cause for the issue. The next step would be to arrange for an engineer to come out to you to take a look. I'll be more than happy to get one arrange for you from here if you'd like.

Let me know!

Beth

0 Kudos
janenashnash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Beth for your reply. Yes, I'd like to have an engineer come out to see what's going on. Because people can still leave messages on the voicemail when they call the number, I am concerned that we may miss something important. Thanks for your help.

Jane

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jane,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I've gone ahead and booked you in with an engineer visit. Please find your appointment time slot via your online account here - your appointment time slot can be rearranged from there if needed.

Let me know if you need anything else from us and keep us posted with how things go following on from your appointment.

All the best 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
janenashnash
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth, brilliant.

0 Kudos