cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land-line switchover

ayjay506
Tuning in

Received adapter - when will I know when to plug it in??? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ayjay506, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community

It's great to hear that you've received your adapter ready for when the digital switchover takes place. Usually the adapter is accompanied by a leaflet with some information on the date the switchover happens along with instructions. 

We're sorry this is not the case but we can certainly check for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ayjay506, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community

It's great to hear that you've received your adapter ready for when the digital switchover takes place. Usually the adapter is accompanied by a leaflet with some information on the date the switchover happens along with instructions. 

We're sorry this is not the case but we can certainly check for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Done 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ayjay506

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. As we're not swapping personal information now, I've brought this back to the public space.

On the date that I've given you via private message you can follow the instructions here. That leaflet will show you how to plug in the adaptor, important things to note and even has some troubleshooting steps to help you if you have any issues. 

Please keep us posted on how the switchover goes for you and if you have any further questions, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thx very much for your help Kath 👍🏽

woollies66
Joining in

Hi

My adapter is due to arrive within the next couple of days , how can I arrange for the free re-wire? 

Hi @woollies66 

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

The best arrangement for the 21CV connection is with a cordless phone system.
Plug the base station into the hub then use as many satellite cordless phones as required.

Let me know if you still require extensions installing. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

thanks for the speedy response and Yes I will need the re-wire service. Each room already has phone points installed. The landline lincoming feed is at the front of my property and the hub is at the rear. 

I'll be more than happy to help you further. 

Will pop you a PM 📩 now to confirm some details and we can take it from there. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @woollies66 
 I've booked a technician for you as discussed. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.
Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Let us know how the visit goes! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team