cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line stopped working before the switch over

Gavonto1
Joining in

My landline stopped working over a week ago, it was due to be switched over to my hub at the end of Nov 2023 & I had an email stating that they will post an adaptor through my door with instructions on how to connect it to the hub, but I haven't received anything, I am paying for a service which I am not getting, very frustrating getting hold of customer services, have been a customer for over 20 years, am seriously looking for another provider.

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gavonto1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sincere apologies for any issues faced with your landline, now just from checking however I can see that you are currently affected by an outage on the phone service.

The estimated fix date for this is the 9th November at 6PM, our team will be looking to resolve this as soon as they can.

Regards,

Kain

HI,

It's been two weeks & my landline is still not working,  I spoke to cluster service who was unable to help me, told me to plug it into the hub, but that didn't work, I believe that it has been cut off prematurely before the official cut off date near the end of Nov when I am supposed to connect the phone to the hub. Who do I speak to regarding compensation for the amount of time that my phone has been disconnected as I do pay for this service.

Many thanks

Hi @Gavonto1,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that these landline issues are unfortunately ongoing for you.

We wouldn't switchover the service prior to the agreed local switchover date unless you have a technician visit where they would come over and manually switch it over for you in your home. As such, you should connect it via the port in the wall socket and not via the port on the router.

Can you please connect it back into the wall socket if you haven't done so already and let us know if the issue remains?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, it has been plugged into the wall socket for the last 4 days still the same problem, who do I speak to about compensation?

Thanks

We do have an automatic compensation scheme here but to qualify services have to be down for 2 full working days  and then you get £9.33 per day for a total loss of service. Please see the link for a full break down regrading this. 

You can also raise a complaint here https://virg.in/makacomp, Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?