Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Land Line not working **Again**

Yet again I cannot use my VM landline. This time check line cord showing.

I have tried numerous times to use the self test tool, this fails.

I have been having problems on & off for 18+ months, engineer after engineer.......etc.

They have changed everything from the socket in the house, cable to the box outside, cable from box to sub box, sub box to junction box (re-pull, re-wire) and still having problems. 

Network engineers involved, works for a while, starts again intermittently not working, engineer calls, find no line fault, goes off to the exchange and finds corroded terminals and loads of stuff that I just dont understand, but I'm told VM will not replace this as it is to expensive.

Last weekend we started with phone rings 1 - 2 x, then stops, I pick up the phone, it's dead, no dial tone. I ring my land line and its engaged. This happens constantly for several hours.

Now for the last 3 days, I have the PLEASE CHECK LINE CORD fault.

I ring from my mobile, 42 mins on the phone, listening to the loudest crap I have ever heard, then a voice hello telling me this is VM, then the call ends!!!

In a nutshell, I want rid of VM, but I can't even ring the to cancel.

Does anyone have a UK number to contact VM on?

Many Thanks, one very annoyed, soon to be ex VM customer.

PS. I cannot fault the the techs who try to fix this issue, helpful, friendly staff.

My BB 200MB, never really has any issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land Line not working **Again**

Good Morning boseboy,

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your landline phone and that this is causing you to leave our services.

If you have a Virgin Mobile SIM you would be able to call 150 or 0345 454 1111 completely free of charge.

For a mobile phone with an alternative provider the 0345 454 1111 number would be charged at local landline rates - or simply deduct minutes you have on the tariff at no extra cost

Any further assistance needed, please drop us a response and we'll see what we can do

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply David, however this hasn't helped.

I have finally managed to book an engineer appointment, the issues are to do with the architecture in VM exchange/Junction boxes (this is from your engineers).

I doubt it will ever be resolved, but not having a service for over a week now, that I'm paying for, should be the issue that will require resolving.

Regards

John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for any inconvenience caused John. I'm sure we can get this resolved, please keep us posted with the outcome of the engineer visit so once it's fixed we can ensure you're reimbursed correctly for the downtime.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom, I will.

However I unfortunately don't share your optimism, if VM refuse to invest in upgrading essential infrastructure in the exchange/cabinet, because only a few customers are affected, then the faults will continue to occur.

Randomly I had a text from VM, saying the network issue had been fixed, then they cancelled my engineers appointment, what they didn't do is ring my house phone, which is still not working, they would have known it wasn't fixed!

No call/email/text to ask if everything was working ok, just the assumption that it was.

Now my new appointment is tomorrow, after 12 so again I will wait and see what happens, but sadly I'll not be holding my breath.

Regards

John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the confusion around the status of the fault John. It may be best we take a further look to ensure the appropriate action is being taken at this stage. 

I will send a PM shortly requesting some details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

+ Update +

Engineer arrived today, having checked everything from outside to our house, he find a blown capacity inside the white line box in our house, this was causing the please check line cord fault.

The engineer replace the box and the phone started to work.

However the ongoing issues of rings once and no dial tone, has apparently been caused be a fault on the network in the town where I live over several weeks, but the service status didn't reflect this and nor did the self test.

So for now we have a working land line, many thanks to the engineers who've been coming to sort this, if only VM customer support was as good!

0 Kudos