Menu
dobrokid
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keeping landline number transfering from Virgin to BT

Hi, can anyone please help,I am trying to keep my landline number while changing from Virgin to BT. Virgin told me I had to keep landline account live which I have done, and BT will then ask Virgin for number to be transferred to them. BT now told me account needs to be closed with Virgin and number released, BT will then be able to retrieve number. However, Virgin told me if account closed first then number will be lost forever. Please can anyone advise who is correct, seems silly to have both BT and Virgin phonelines live together and paying for both. Broadband and mobile phones swapped with no problems. Thanks 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keeping landline number transfering from Virgin to BT

Normally what Virgin is saying is right, somebody else may be able to give some insight however .

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dobrokid,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are leaving to go to BT, as long as the phone line is still active you will need to speak to BT and ask the to raise a export order to take the number, once they do this it will close the phone services down.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
dobrokid
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, thanks for your help, seems BT were wrong, still not sorted, some sort of problem between BT and Openreach now! Can't believe how poor BT broadband is, have had to buy a wifi extender and a broadband hotspot set just to be able to get on the net again! Had to have engineers out as no broadband working, they found installers hadn't made correct connections on pole and street cabinet. If only Virgin had made me the offers they did before I signed up to BT this would have been avoidable! If really good deals can be offered to try to stop customers leaving Virgin surely it should be possible to make those offers to loyal customers of many years to ensure they remain loyal! Regrettably the last price increase was one too many and now I am stuck with BT for next couple of years, they are promising high speed fibre soon but not holding my breath! Once again thanks for your help, may well be in touch again in two years time. Regards Dave

0 Kudos
dobrokid
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt thanks for your help, you are correct, as are Virgin.

Regards Dave

0 Kudos