Menu
Laura123451
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with Telephone Number

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with Virgin not transferring telephone numbers over?

My mother switched to Virgin after having a salesman come to the door and telling her about their services. 
She explicitly said she would not transfer services if she could not keep her original telephone number. My mother is older and has had the number for over 30 years, it’s very important to her. She was assured this would be arranged and not to worry. I witnessed this conversation so I know it happened. 

Since having Virgin media put in place E number had changed - they never gave her the new number at any point may I add. The transfer of numbers was meant to occur within 2 weeks however it never happened. They have now said she has lost her number and can never have it back. I’m absolutely disgusted with the customer service. They have not attempted to help and when she said she wanted to cancel her contract (not even 30 days in) due to them not fulfilling the terms they agreed to, they told her to contact an ombudsman. She understandably feels like she was lied to in order to obtain her custom. 

I’m intrigued to find out if this is a typical move from Virgin and if they’ve done this to any other customers? 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Issues with Telephone Number

Hi Laura123451,

I'm sorry to hear about this and provided that the number was still active, the number is transferable. What they should have advised however is that where there is an install, a Virgin Media number is automatically assigned to the install and the port takes place after the install has been successfully completed. This way, we are able to check 100% that the landline install works as if it was installed with a porting number, should the Losing Operator not port or there is a problem with the port, we cannot see if the landline is installed property and you'll be left with no working line with both Operators.

Can you confirm whether your mum's number is still active with the other Operator or have they already disconnected? I ask because if it's still active, we can port.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Laura123451
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No this is the problem I don’t believe it is. The thing that really winds me up is I thought there would be an issue but I was told every time I contacted the sales rep to talk about it that everything was in place and not to worry  

I also had the lovely lad who installed everything check the port was in too. 

She will be switching back to Sky as soon as able because, I’ll be honest, this has been a complete shambles. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Laura123451, the number would need to be active for the port to go through as we nor any other provider will be able to get the number, are you able to see if you can get the number reactivated? ^Chris 

0 Kudos