cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to switch landline to fibre before switchover date?

risc19
Well-informed

I need to sort this out for my Mum, I was wondering if I can go and sort all the cabling and connect it to her hub 5 BEFORE the switch over date?

Her date is 9th of may but I cant be around then.

I tried plugging in the phone directly to the HUB and got no dial tone even after a reboot.

Thanks guys.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @risc19 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Will PM you now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @risc19 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Will PM you now to assist further.

Hi John, thanks for the message.

I'm not asking you to do it, I'm just asking if it is something that's possible. I'm unsure why you need all my account details.

Hi @risc19 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We would need the details to book in this for you, as it's May the scheduled date we can do this yes.

Send me a PM with the details, we'll book in the migration.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @risc19 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We would need the details to book in this for you, as it's May the scheduled date we can do this yes.

Send me a PM with the details, we'll book in the migration.

So John the answer is yes its is possible, but it would require an engineer visit?

Depending on what's required, IE phone and router are they close together, do we need to relocate etc. Any extensions/rewiring needed that sort of thing. Or we can just book the changeover. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team