Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent phone connection

Have had intermittent phone line since Sunday and not been able to talk to anybody at Virgin via chat or calling from my mobile. It needs investigation by engineering department but I can't tell them. Highly frustrating to be sent round and round in circles on the website withou getting anywhere. I'm at the end of my contract and BT now have fibre in my street with attractive offers. Never watch Virgin TV so won't miss that.I think I will probably move my custom having been a customer since Blueyonder days.Also I'm a senior citizen deemed highly vulnerable by NHS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent phone connection

morning can you PM me your details please

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

have managed to PM you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working again this morning.

From the instances when I have been on the phone when it cut out the crackle sounded like a poor contact on a frame somewhere.

I've been told Network department are working on the fault but that implies to me that they suspect some distribution equipment is faulty along the line whereas no-one has come to test the line into our flat from the distribution frame along the road, which I should have thought would be step one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for coming back to us on the forums, sorry this issue is still affecting you.

I've had a look at your services and found multiple outages in your area, one that is affecting your TV and Broadband which will be fixed by the 19th May 2020. And a second one that is the culprit to your Phone line issues, this should be fixed by 4:00pm today which is good, but bare in mind this is an estimate.

So our engineers know of the problems and are working hard to get them fixed. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused with this.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to say our broadband is not currently affected but don't know about TV as I almost never watch it on Virgin.

I sincerely hope that fixing broadband and TV in my area is not going to further affect my services

As I am out of contract and BT are making attractive offers now they have fibre in our street, and as a senior citizen I am keen to save money , I have been considering leaving Virgin in spite of being a long standing customer since the days of Blueyonder.

Losing services is never good but at this time it is a disaster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly understand that, and I am sorry. If you are wanting to go ahead with the switch it will be the retentions team that will be able to help you. Contact them on 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4 then 4 again. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Line good this morning, died with some crackling around 1400 and still dead at 1830

Saw a couple of Virgin engineers? with van in road outside our block of flats around noon, but no attempt to communicate.

I really don't know what Virgin is playing at. No attempt has been made to check line between my home and the local frame which I would have expected

Really poor service!

0 Kudos