cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dialling tone

steviejones133
On our wavelength

Hi. I noticed the other day that when I have picked up my phone to make a call, instead of getting a solid dial tone, I get a dial tone which sounds like an engaged tone?

I phoned 150, was told to reset my hub but it made no difference. Haven’t made any changes to anything, handsets are one of those triple cordless type phones where one is the master base unit and the others connect to it wirelessly. All phones have the same intermittent dial tone.

Was told no faults on the line by VM. 

A brief search seemed to point toward VM answering service which I have never activated as my phones have a call blocker built in and it’s own answering machine. I have also never activated the VM service and when I call 1571 I get a voice guide to set it up so can’t possibly be a message on the VM service.

Its kinda driving me nuts. The line works for calls both in and out but why am I getting this stupid dial tone?

Any help appreciated.

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Afternoon!

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you, had a couple of system issues. I've arranged an engineer visit for you now, you'll be able to view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi steviejones133,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line.

I've had a look at things from our side and can see that an engineer will be needed. I'll need to confirm a few details with you before I can arrange this. I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Afternoon!

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you, had a couple of system issues. I've arranged an engineer visit for you now, you'll be able to view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex. Just viewed and changed day/time.

No worries at all 🙂

Let me know how the visit goes.

Alex_Rm

Engineer came. Issue down to VM voicemail, of which there is NO way for a user to turn off via dialling 1571. It was kicking in before our BT handset answer service causing lots of missed calls and voicemails being taken by VM instead of BT.

Hopefully now I’ve asked Alex to turn this feature off, it will remain off and not cause any future issues.

Don’t know why VM don’t have an on/off option as a standard feature because not everyone wants to use VM voicemail…..

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response steviejones133,

Apologies for the issues faced, we'll try to get this resolved within the PM.

Take care,

Kain