cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of porting VM 'landline' to VOIP?

AndyEss
Tuning in

Hi ... I have a full-fat VM package [fibre broadband, TV, mobile, landline].

I'm happy to continue with VM, but for business reasons, I would like to port my landline to a VOIP service. If I do port my landline away from VM, will the other parts of my VM package be affected in any way ?

Many thanks 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply, AndyEss.

Pardon me, sorry to see how my advice has confused you. 

Please allow me to explain that removing your VM landline requires a cancellation process for this service and only, not the whole account or other services. This goes through our retentions team as they can process the cancellation (deactivation) of your landline once the number has ported out.

The above process causes a change to your services with us as from all 3 cable services you are keeping 2 (BB and TV).

Also, sorry to see it's taking longer to get through to our retentions team via WhatsApp at the minute. 
This happens as our retentions are a much smaller dedicated team and as you know we have millions of customers in the UK, some of them need to cancel for various reasons and it does not necessarily mean they are not happy with the service however it surely impacts our call and chat volumes.
Our other teams are not trained to process cancellation requests neither are we here at the forum, so to help further unfortunately.

We hope this information helps, please keep us posted and we're eager to best support you within our scope.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks Adri 🙂

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thought you may be interested to know that I'm now into my 4th day of waiting to speak to the retention team on WhatsApp ... 😞

My apologies @AndyEss, for the delay in responding to your WhatsApp.

Please do consider giving us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 as well. Our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you. They will ensure that you're on the best possible deal for your package. The messenger services are not instant, but an agent should respond when available. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley