cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - 'Missed' Calls

gap84
Up to speed

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

108 REPLIES 108

They can't be working that hard on it - it was reported on here as being a problem coming up to 6 months ago! 😉

kevin1988
Dialled in

I've just checked the model number of my phone it's a BT 4600 also,   this problem did not happen with the hub 4 so it looks like a software glitch between the phone and hub 5 IMHO. 

My phone is a BT8500 and I’m getting about 9 no number calls a day on my caller display. Just like everyone else my phone doesn’t ring just registers as no number

Hello kevin1988.

Sorry this is happening for you as well. I am going to see if we have any updates for the above issue.

As soon as I hear anything, I will nip back on here and update the thread.

Gareth_L

Hello sassr.

Thank you also for letting us know. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

Can you keep an eye on this thread too please.

I will go away and see if we have any further information.

Gareth_L

Just received hub 5 having same issue with missed calls mine are at 03, ie 1.03, 17.53, 3.03. Etc

No issues with hub 4.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pchana, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

Can you keep an eye on this thread too, please?

I will go away and see if we have any further information.

Zoie

Can you add me to the list of users with this issue please?  It’s slightly more annoying for me - as I use an older phone I have to use a dongle with a ringing capacitor in it to make the phone ring (I’m using an old ADSL dongle).  This means that whenever one of these ‘calls’ comes in, my phone makes a faint ringing noise for a second.

issue has only started since I moved to a Hub 5 last week.

I have same - says I have had calls and fills up my phone. Worried I may miss an important phone call if the log is full up. Have to delete all calls mostly every 1-2 days. Hub 5 - new user. Come on VM!

Hey TF1909, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some missed calls on your phone.

How long has this being happening and when people are ringing you do you hear the calls? 

Have you tried to unplug the phone and plug it back in?

Is there any chance you could try a different phone and see if it does the same with that? 

Please do keep me updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?