cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - 'Missed' Calls

gap84
Up to speed

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

108 REPLIES 108

Hey Jasmun,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline since transferring over to the hub 5, this is a known issue and is being investigated, we unfortunately dont have any updates at this moment. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Have reset the hub but the only noticeable thing is that the hub has reverted to the original wifi network name and password.

I am still getting phantom calls and one happened whilst I was re entering wifi details on my computer a short time ago.

All I want for Christmas is .......a solution

cheers

Hello 1malcolmgeorge.

Sorry this is still ongoing.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Now, what I do find odd is that, if we look back at previous posts from last Sunday onwards that we can clearly see forum staff (VM employees) accepting and acknowledging that this is a known issue and is being investigated and worked on (although based on VM’s track record of this sort of stuff, I really wouldn’t hold your breath waiting). So why do we get newer posts from forum staff asking for details via a PM, as if this is some kind of new issue which hasn’t been heard of before!

Two possible explanations a) the forum staff don’t actually communicate between themselves and for some this is a totally new and unique situation, never been seen before….. or b) the forum staff have been set targets for numbers of ‘helpful’ posts they make per day, (or they’re looking at getting another job), just how actually useful said posts are or how knowledgeable the staff member is regarding the issue is secondary to getting the post numbers up - yes?

Personally, my money’s on B

Chippy_boy
On our wavelength

@jem101

That's a rather mean-spirited post I think. There's people on here tring to help you and us and I think your criticism is uncalled for.

I used to work in customer support many years ago and that sort of attitude would not exactly encourage me to help you out.

Hi

Is there any update on the missing calls issue I'm experiencing with my Virgin HUB FIVE It's so frustrating?

Happy New Year 2023

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 👍 👍 

Hey @dmason197, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the missed calls on the Hub 5 😞 It is something we are aware of.
I have recently spoken with the team and our community lead who have advised me that they are working on a firmware fix for this issue to be resolved.
As it requires extensive testing for the issue to be resolved, there is no current set date for the firmware update to be rolled out, but once it is ready, we will confirm it to our customers and get it rolled out ASAP.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm surprised to hear that no fix is yet available, because for me, these strange missed calls stopped just before Christmas. I had assumed a fix had been implemented already.

I don't recall rebooting the Hub or doing anything at my end that could conceivably have resolved this, so strange that the problem has just gone away 

Thanks for the reply @Chippy_boy on this forum thread.

After doing the checks on our end, we can see that rebooting, resetting or setting up the equipment again doesn't make a difference for this issue, whether we do remote checks on our end or ask the customers to do checks on their end.

With the strange way this fault is happening - we are seeing a difference in the way it affects the customers accepted.

As advised - we are still awaiting an update from the team for a fix regarding this.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That's great. But obviously something has changed for me because I was getting these multiple times per day and now I get none.

And all of my equipment and setup is unaltered.

Anyway, I am happy!