Menu
Jm57922
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 phone line

I have recently joined virgin Media TV, phone, broadband and mobile. As my home phone is now connected to the router phone terminals thus being a voip line then changed via the router to analogue signal. I want to use voip phones how do I obtain the sip login details to allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 phone line

Hello

The line output from the hub is not pure VOIP, the hub takes the digital signal and prepares it for a standard telephone, the system doesn't use SIP, I am afraid that the VM system doesn't offer SIP.

The system is analog phone over DOCSIS.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: Did misread your post so apologies on that and agreed that it does take take the IP system used by Virgin Media, and turn it into an analogue in-home service, so editing my original post here below.

The Hub based phone lines are IP telephony. What they're not is user configurable VoIP that is delivered over the public internet. They are a separate network within Virgin Media's systems to allow of QoS and other 'carrier grade' provisioning.

Found this which explains it from Virgin Media as part of an IP telephony presentation to an industry group:
https://www.tsa-voice.org.uk/downloads/events_2019/tsa_summer_forum_2019/day_2_-_digital_transformat...

Virgin Media are planning to migrate customers from legacy telephony to IP Voice services by 2025.

This migration will occur in different ways :

• Provision of IP Voice service to new customers joining Virgin Media
  • Migration of individual customers in-life who contact VM
  • Migration of customers when a “switch” or area is migrated

The first two methods could happen anywhere within Virgin Media’s network area. 

The final method will be geographically based. 

We will trial switch migration before undertaking this activity

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Jm57922
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to those who have replied. I think I will just have to use old technology until Virgin give in. 

0 Kudos