My VM router (hub 3) is located in a cupboard. Since it was installed on 17th April, the only phone which works in my house is the unit which is plugged into the router. All my other phones connected to extension sockets installed by BT are now defunct.
I understand this is because VM fibre uses VOIP instead of a landline.
Having just the one phone in a cupboard is not very convenient. At no time when I took out my contract did Virgin inform me that I would lose the use of my internal extensions. Further when the technicians fitted VM fibre they noted that I had internal extensions but failed to inform me that they would no longer work.
Naturally I am feeling cheated and misled.
I could go and buy a multi handset system but this still means the base unit would need to be attached to the router. Its not convenient going into a cupboard to check your answering machine also!
Is it possible to get the the second telephone socket on the back of the Hub 3 enabled and if a phone was connected to this would it share the same phone number as the phone plugged in to the first socket?
If this can be done I could salvage something from the mess VM have left me in.
afaik the scond phone socket on the hub is for a second line - they are not connected
give retentions a ring and complain [nicely] they will hopefully get a tech back and do what jb66 suggests
dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre
Thanks for the replies and the clarification re the second socket.
I did call customer services but found them to be so poor I was beginning to wonder if any of the people I spoke to had ever seen a router or owned a telephone. Eventually I traced a UK direct number for customer services rather than use the useless 0345 call centre. They arranged for an engineer to call ( at no charge ). The engineer quickly established a connection to my existing extensions and mentioned that this should have been done at the time of the original installation.
So after a week of frustration I finally have a home phone system working as it was before I moved to Virgin.