Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do we get help with intermittent broadband?

Good morning, Ktryall

Thanks for sending that over. 

I've checked it and seems fine. Re-checked the levels on our system and all in spec. 

I've checked the WiFi and it's showing that some devices are too close to the router and could as a result be taking up bandwith. Can these be connected via Ethernet cable to free these up

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

...so the issue must be with the router then because I have nothing connecting by wifi next to it or in the room with it apart from the sky box and this is via ethernet. It is not behind the TV or anything ... had nothing changed or done to it since I’ve had Virgin. Apart from Virgin doing work in the area.  I am feeling fobbed off and part of some box ticking exercise ... I have absolutely no reason to say it is not working when if it is - the more the ‘can’ is getting kicked down the road the longer it takes for me to get a resolution So how do I  progress to getting some practical support an engineer who can check everything my end and physically resolve the issue? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

No one is fobbing you off.

Can you do a PIN reset for me on the router please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I do appreciate that you are hoping to resolve and have done as asked and completed the reset once again. I had done this last week I have followed all the online instructions before trying to make contact. The issue is intermittent and not consistent and has been ongoing for days and days - hence my request for new equipment or an engineer 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, please keep the BQM running and monitor the connection for me

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

the BQM is set up and running but I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for? Or what it is you are expecting me to do as I am not a broadband expert or engineer and if I understand correctly you looked at the last graph and you cannot see an issue your end ..  could you clarify if you are employed by Virgin Media John? And if so what is your role and responsibilities please? I would like to confirm I am actually using my time communicating with someone who can arrange for new equipment or book an engineer or has the authority to submit a formal complaint on my behalf or end my contract so I can go elsewhere without being penalised?

I am keeping copies of all communication. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. Please check my profile for further confirmation of who I am. Currently it doesn't need an engineer so please do monitor the connection.

Regarding the end of the contract, you'll need to call the team for this on 150 // 0345 454 1111 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos