Menu
swchughes
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can I progress my landline porting?

3rd August I booked an installation and landline porting
15th August Got broadband installed and a temporary landline and number will come in few days.
<several SMS and calls>
11 Sept Virgin cant find any porting requests so start again
14 Sept Virgin reset porting request to start again
17 Sept Virgin reset porting request to start again
23 Sept Virgin reset porting request to start again
30 Sept Virgin reset porting request to start again (due 8th Oct)
9 Oct Virgin reset porting request to start again (due 25th Oct)

I have called over 20 times and written emails, SMS and web complaint forms, begging them to sort it, but each time they just say it will be ready in 10-14 days.

I am stuck as to what do do next. I have had to pay 2 extra months of previous landline provider until the port happens. Major headache is not having my landline that I used for 29 years, and wasting 30-60mins every few days on chasing.

My view is that Virgin are deliberately giving me the run around. Shrugging their shoulders for so many weeks just does not sound professional. So who can I escalate this to? Ofcom had a case opened in September, but they won't respond.

When I moved to Hyperoptic, they managed the porting in one afternoon!

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I progress my landline porting?

HI swchughes, I am sorry to hear about the issues which you have had with the landline porting and this should not this length of time. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. Chris

0 Kudos
swchughes
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I progress my landline porting?

I finally got the port complete on 21st October. 9 weeks after the line installed on 15th August.

0 Kudos