cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

scobb
Joining in

Since a power cut on Tuesday my landline has been dead - no dial tone and calls to my number just result in a call failed message
Other Virgin users in teh area are experiencing the same issue however the website states no known issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJH4
Tuning in

Hi, our landline has been out for a couple of days and VM initially advised that it was not an area issue.  They arranged for an engineer and then i received an email yesterday stating that it was an area fault.  

Called them this morning to be advised that the engineers are working hard and the fault would be fixed asap..  I subsequently received a text to get the latest updates and the link stated that there was no known faults in the E11 area.  I spoke to the call centre who have advised the phone line should be fixed by 21.00 tonight...  I won't hold my breath...  dismal service and the link still states no faults..   

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

DJH4
Tuning in

Hi, our landline has been out for a couple of days and VM initially advised that it was not an area issue.  They arranged for an engineer and then i received an email yesterday stating that it was an area fault.  

Called them this morning to be advised that the engineers are working hard and the fault would be fixed asap..  I subsequently received a text to get the latest updates and the link stated that there was no known faults in the E11 area.  I spoke to the call centre who have advised the phone line should be fixed by 21.00 tonight...  I won't hold my breath...  dismal service and the link still states no faults..   

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @scobb

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that your landline is down, I have had a look and I can see that there is a fault in your area currently effecting landline. 

This is due to be resolved today the 21st of July at 10pm. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time? 

@Ashleigh_C

Thanks for your reply - just checked again, there is still no dial tone

Hi scobb, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're sorry to hear that you're still having an issue even though the fault has been resolved. In order to help look at this, there are a few checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The dial tone has just returned and appears to be working okay now thank you.
I didn't do any of the tests, I assume that engineers have rectified the fault in the mentioned elsewhere on this forum.
I phoned VM earlier and got an automated message stating that engineers were working on the known issue which would be rectified today.

Hi scobb, 

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming and is OK now. 

We're glad to hear all is sorted but if you do have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs