Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Home phone line not working

Hi,

I posted a request yesterday about the home line not working since Tuesday, 

We have no dialling tone, but when people call they get the voice mail, service.

an engineer was due to come out, but the phone line came on in the afternoon, so the engineer was cancelled, last night some one called the landline, it rang once and we now have ‘no line’ issue again.

As usual can not get to speak to anyone on the phone, can some one please advise.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phone line not working

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. I can then run some diagnostics on your equipment and see further into your issue.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.                                                                                                         

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards          

Chris VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi 

Can you do the following checks for me please.

> ensure telephone cable is plugged directly into the master socket, removing any extensions cables that you may have put in place. 

> use a spare handset where possible just to check if handset is faulty.

> if a wireless phone please ensure handset is fully charged and plugged into mains, unplug and plug back in.

Is there a display screen on the handset?

If so is there a message on the display screen? 

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Paul Hendrie (78450)

Field tech Guildford region

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I have done all of the above and followed guidance on website before contacting via the forum. Message on screen of phone is NO LINE

Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

No problem, ok I'm going to DM you now, you will need to click the purple envelope in the top right of your screen to pick up my message. 

Thanks

Paul