cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone Hub 4 what phone do I need?

Scage
Dialled in

Hi All

Apologies for the silly question. I have just had a Hub 4 installed and am getting TV, broadband and telephone. I don’t have a telephone yet but apparently it just needs to be connected to the Hub 4. I had a quick search to no avail but is there any phones recommended for this, or Will any phone do? 

I haven’t been given any instructions or boxes at all for any of the equipment I have been given by VM.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Any standard phone will work. You should have been sent an adaptor in your setup kit. I have attached a photo to show what your looking for. This plugs into the back of the hub and then your phone will plug into the adapter.

Thanks Joe. 

s-l400.jpg

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Any standard phone will work. You should have been sent an adaptor in your setup kit. I have attached a photo to show what your looking for. This plugs into the back of the hub and then your phone will plug into the adapter.

Thanks Joe. 

s-l400.jpg

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scage

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding connecting a home phone to your new Hub 4. As @JOE-C advised, you can use any standard home phone.

For the steps on how to connect your home phone to your Hub, please visit https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/broadband-phone

Kind regards,

Serena