cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home number not ported

withamimp76
Joining in

My old number hasn't been transferred over as requested, been nearly 2 months now

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @withamimp76,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline number being ported over!

Can you tell us if the landline you had with your previous provider is still active? Have you told your previous provider that you're wanting to move your landline number over to us, your new provider? 

You can take a look at our website for more details about How To Keep Your Number to see if this can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, it was the Virgin rep that told me I could keep my number (Plusnet) so assumed virgin would handle the necessary to port it over? 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @withamimp76,

Thank you for coming back to us. This process is the same with all service providers and in order for us to be table to have the number available to port over to Virgin Media, your previous providers would need to send that information over to us internally.

Is your old landline number still active for us to be able to port your number over to us? This can only be done if your landline number is active.

Keep us updated so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've just tried my old number and it doesn't seem active/not ringing, is there anything that can be done?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry, for the number to be active you would need to have active services with your old provider still, we would be unable to port the number over especially with it being over two months.

Zoie