cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone landline

Tree_UK
Tuning in

So virginmedia disconnected my 85 year old mother and fathers landline last week, they have not been sent a replacement router that has a telephone connection, they are now in a desperate situation because they rely on the landline to receive and order their medication. I have tried to reason with Virginmedia on their behalf and told Virgin how desperate my parents are but i was told unless my father who is partially deaf phones them they cannot do anything to help. My father has tried to contact Virginmedia but got nowhere. see virgins response below to my father who told them he had full loss of service to his home phone. If anything happens to my parents I'll be coming for you Virginmedia. 

REPLY FROM VIRGIN. 

We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn’t want to delay things, so we’ve gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Home Phone -> Faults -> I have full loss of service

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Thank you for letting us know Ke the TV and broadband issues that you have been experiencing and we know how important it is to be connected while working from home or watching movies for entertainment or gaming. Believe me this is not the kind of experience, we would want our customers to go through. Be assured that the feedback will be raised with the relevant areas of the business to help improve the quality of our service. Do not worry, I assure you that I will look into this and guide you accordingly. We appreciate you as our elite customer and we look forward to serve you better.

I appreciate you have checked the cables and identified some fault. According to our records, you might find that WWE PPV event WrestleMania 39 is not available on the 360 boxes. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible as there is an outage affecting your area and this is expected to be fixed by end of day today. You may also get an update on an outage in the area by registering your number on the outage communicator. For any further help and support you may head over to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection and follow the troubleshooting steps. I request you to please contact our technical team and raise and auto-compensation over the phone. In relates to the outages, I would like to advise you that the outages sometimes are planned to make the services better and sometimes unplanned and you may also get an update on an outage in the area by registering your number on the outage communicator.

In regards to the broadband services there is no outage affecting the services. I recommend you should check that all cables are connected securely. The issue that has been identified may be the result of a loose connecting cable. Using the following article, Check coax cable (white cable) connections to VM equipment, splitters and wall sockets to make sure all cables are connected to the VM equipment. Once you have done this, I request you to monitor your connection and call back our technical team if the issue still persists. Further, if the issue cannot be rectified over the call and requires a technician visit, then the technical team will schedule an engineer's visit and get the issue sorted. In this instance, we request you to connect through our web chat team who can investigate further on this issue and guide you accordingly. To know more about our compensation policy for the loss of service head over to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation.

Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Technical ->Technical help provided

We hope this works for you.

We’ll keep your complaint open for 28 days from now just in case you still want to talk through your options. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111 if you’re not completely happy with the resolution.

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you’re satisfied with everything and close your complaint.

Stay on top of your services

To make the most of your time with us, make sure you’ve downloaded the My Virgin Media app. With it, you can manage your bills with a tap and a swipe, check the service status in your area, find out when we expect any known problems will be fixed, diagnose issues with your in-home equipment, and loads more.

Most of our customers resolve their issues through our Resolution Process. So you can better understand the outcome of your complaint, you can read our full Complaints Code here. We can also send you a copy in the post.

We’re part of an Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme, who you can contact if after speaking to me we’re unable to resolve things. Details of the scheme can be found at:

Ombudsman Services
Phone: 0330 440 1614
Web: www.ombudsman-services.org
Email: enquiry@ombudsman-services.org 
Post: Ombudsman Services: Communications, P.O. Box 730, Warrington, WA4 6WU

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tree_UK 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the poor experience and appreciate just how important it is for your Parents to stay connected.

I would love to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message 📩

Speak soon! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've messaged you back. 

hello????

HELLO ANYONE THERE!! I NEED HELP!"! HELLO HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tree_UK 

Glad all has been sorted now and your Parents have a working landline.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via the Forums should you need help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs