Menu
Highlighted
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home Phone issues last two months.

Hi All

been having issues with the home phone for the last two months, incoming calls are not be routed to my number, anyone ringing me gets a busy tone.

Engineer has just been cant fix it and hes told me Virgin having issues with my number and some others because we have a ported number.

I can call out no problem, my question is how can i have a ported number? i have had this number since Windsor Cable, so how can this home phone number of mine be a ported Vodafone number.

Vodafone were not doing home phone back in the late 80s early 90s were they?

Is anyone else having this issue? from what i am told the fix is to contact someone in Manchester who will tap a few buttons and my in bound calls will be fixed, is this crazy or what, it seems i have a half ported number.

Kind Regards

MR-T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phone issues last two months.

Hi All

Update to the above post, i rang Virgin and ask them to issue me with a new number, within 3 hour my phone was up and running.

I had my home phone number for about 20 years, god knows how this number was ported from Vodafone, was Vodafone doing home phone 20 years ago, i think not.

Long story short if you have one of these ported numbers and are having issues like me of people ringing saying your line is busy when its not, if your not to attached to your number, ditch it and ask for a new number, that seems to be the best way to fix this issue.

This post can now be close as resolved.😃

Kind Regards,

MR-T.

0 Kudos
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I thought this issue was fixed sadly thats not the case, the new none ported number has the same problem as my old number.

inbound calls are hit and missed, sometime it rings and some time you get a line busy tone.

I have been on the Virgin offshore merry go round and got know where, was told by the engineer he has a few customer with the same problem because we all have ported numbers, well i now have a new Virgin number and still have intermittent incoming call

If i ring the number 10 times i get a connection maybe 50% of the time, so how do i get this fixed?

If i ring out their is know problem it works fine everytime, can sombody on the forum sort this out for me, i have changed my number after 20+ years and its not fixed it.

Kind Regards,

MR-T.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello MR-T

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth_L

many thanks for the reply, you can close this post now, the change of number from the ported number to my new none ported appears to take a full 72 hours to complete, i was told 24 hour but this is not correct.

my old number was finally disconnected at midnight last night and my phone is now working as it should.

Please list this thread as fixed.

Kind Regards

MR-T.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mr-T

Thanks for your reply and update