Menu
Da3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help in retrieving a lost landline number

Hi.

I changed landline/broadband provider from TalkTalk to Now Broadband (who as you may know are run by the same company as Sky). I explicitly stated on the Now Broadband order page that I wanted to keep my old number. Lo and behold the number that I have had for over 4 years at least was lost in the black hole between TT and Now. Then began a blame game between TT and Now. My services were terminated with TT on the 29th June 2020 so it has been a week since my number went missing. A rep at Now suggested I contact Virgin, so I was wondering what would be the chances of me retrieving the number if I join Virgin. Remembering back I think it was Virgin who initially issued me the number in 2016 at least. I will fight any early cancellation fees if Now impose them as they have not kept to their side of the bargain. My number is with so many people that it would be a project not bear thinking about to inform everybody I know of my number change. Have not posted the number as it is a public forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help in retrieving a lost landline number

Impossible.
Once a number is cancelled it goes back into the pool and you can;t request a number you get a random one
0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if they messed up your number port you may want to contact ofcom as they may help you or need to issue a fine but its is sadly very unlikley you will ever get that number again its prob alreay reasigned to someone new
0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, as apcyberax has said once a number has been cancelled its very hard/impossible port over.  If you are interested in joining Virgin I could add notes so they are aware you would like your old number if possible.  Just send me a PM with some contact details

Regards

Rich 

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Da3
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Never thought of that, will definetly complain to Ofcom.

I've called the number and as of yet it has not been registered to a new user.

0 Kudos