cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 causing multiple ghost calls to ping landline - any solution YET?

RobLund
Tuning in

I have a BT call guardian phone that works perfectly, was connected to last router still worked perfectly. 

Hub 5 installed 7 days ago & since the. My landline is being pinged multiple times in 24 hrs every day. I can see from historical posts that this appears to be an issue VM is well aware of & their IT is working on a solution.

Anytime I try to explain this to customer service they think I am referring to actual calls that a call blocker is preventing. It’s not, going by older posts since last year it’s a computer signal pinging the landline so just wondering are VM any closer to a solution?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RobLund, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that there is still an issue with this and this is an issue which the IT team are aware of and are working on a fix.

Hopefully they will have this resolved soon. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Alessandro Volta

VM are not even close to admitting the Hub 5 has serious issues with Reliability / WiFi / DHCP / VOIP Security.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RobLund, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that there is still an issue with this and this is an issue which the IT team are aware of and are working on a fix.

Hopefully they will have this resolved soon. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Thanks for the reply. All though no solution yet I appreciate the simple reply that they are still working on it. Saves a lot of hassle 👍

Thanks for the reply & thanks for the info. 👍

I have been with virgin for 14 years & have never had so many issues the last few months on all services that should have had straightforward replies & fixable solutions when you contact them. Their standards have completely dropped & if I hadn’t just entered a new contract I would be looking elsewhere.

One thing that stands out is the disbelief when reporting these problems like they have been totally unique, I was unaware of these forums & it’s very clear issues going on 2 or 3 years shouldn’t be such a mystery or surprise to any advisors or engineers and certainly shouldn’t be a scripted long drawn out process to only still arrive at what they already knew . 🤷‍♂️🤔😂

some of the advice & information I have received over the phone has been really really poor all things considered. 🤦‍♂️

Hi RobLund, thanks for the message. 

Hopefully we will have this fixed soon, once they are able to rectify this they will send out an update to the hub. 

There is no news at the moment but once we have some we will update the forums. 

Chris. 

Christinee1
Joining in

The issue of BT Home Hub 5 causing multiple ghost calls to ping landline is a known problem, and BT has released a firmware update to address it.To resolve the issue, you can check if your Home Hub 5 is running the latest firmware version. If not, update it to the latest version. You can also try disabling SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway) in the Home Hub 5 settings, as this has been known to cause similar issues.If the issue persists after updating the firmware and disabling SIP ALG, contact BT customer support for further assistance.

If Virgin Media could do the same for the VM Hub 5 that would be super.

Hi Christine thanks for replying.

it’s a BT phone with virgin hub 5. virgin media have replied to me to say they are aware of issue and their IT is working on it 🤷‍♂️

how can I check my virgin hub is running the latest firmware? And if not how do I update it? 

many thanks.

Hi RobLund, please see the following post regarding the firmware update here

Chris