Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

GETTING "NUMBER NOT RECOGNISED" EVEN THOUGH IT'S GOOD AND ON MY SPEED DIAL.

Tried landline calling a good friend in Spain. After a few seconds got  "the number you're calling has not been recognized". I thought I'd dialed incorrectly so tried again - same result. I called her from my mobile (not Virgin). She answered straight away. I told her that her landline was faulty. She said it DEFINITELY wasn't because her sister had called her from New Zealand. It would appear the problem is the Virgin connection from UK to Spain. Any advice. Tried reporting possible fault to Virgin 150 - there is a twenty minute wait so gave up on that. My brother reported a similar problem on his Virgin mobile. He tried calling one of his employees and got the same message as I had on my l/line. Strange thing is that his employee in on speed dial so no possibility of calling a wrong number.??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: GETTING "NUMBER NOT RECOGNISED" EVEN THOUGH IT'S GOOD AND ON MY SPEED DIAL.

Hi, assuming the country code is already stored on your phone seen as it's already on speed dial, I would advise you to contact customer service as there is nothing we can do on here to rectify this. I know calling in is everybody's least favourite thing to do but some of these issues are back-office related and only customer care can resolve them 🙂 Hope this helps, please stay safe!

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. As you rightfully said, contacting "customer dis-services" is surely everybody's  favorite way of wasting half hour of life. I'm of an an age when I remember when you dialed 100 on British Telecom and an operator answered immediately. Instead nowadays with Virgin, one has to negotiate endless questions before being placed in a queue. I guess that's Virgin's idea of "customer service" and progress. I think not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning rina-gee!

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you're having difficulty calling your friend in Spain

Let's take a closer look at this one together shall we!?

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks but ten minutes after posting reply to Ben I tried to call my friend again. The call was answered straight away. I called my brother and he said the same had happened when he called his worker on speed dial - the problem has now gone. . It's pretty obvious now that the problem was definitely a Virgin problem. As I said previously, I call my friend in Spain weekly and always get connection until that happened a few days ago. She knew it wasn't a problem with her Spanish line because she'd received a call from N.Z. My brother knew his mobile problem was not his because his guys are on speed dial.

0 Kudos