cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre up the Khyber...?

Vyewalker
On our wavelength

Help!  I have plugged my phone into the correct port on the modem (yes, modem) and it isn't working.  I've tried the other port, too.  I've also restarted the modem a number of times.  And left it 72 hours.  And called via mobile for the automated line-check by Virgin a number of times.  And read lots of forum posts.  And spoke to someone on Twitter.

The only thing I haven't tried is launching the phone/hub at a wall.  I know better than that in my old age.

Any ideas?  Would be great to talk to an actual human rather than a bot that asks to phone back in 10 minutes to get results without entering all the same info in again, only to call back and have to enter all the info in again.

Ta.

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Vyewalker,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the setup issues, can I ask did you receive an adaptor from ourselves?

Also do you have a DECT powered handset?

Let us know,

Kain

Vyewalker
On our wavelength

Hi!

Yes, I received the adaptor and it is plugged in to the correct port.  Looking at the specs of the phone it is a DECT phone.  It is cordless with a base unit/answer phone.  

Thanks.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, thanks for the response.

Also just to clarify, was your phone connected thorugh a seperate line?

If so when was the switchover date?

Regards,

Kain

Vyewalker
On our wavelength

Yes, although it never worked so it was good new to hear the swap to fibre calling.  Switchover date was 28/11, and I connected it up on that day.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Right okay, 

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain