Menu
dibberly
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Fibre Phone Upgrade Problems

Who would have thought it would be so difficult to arrange a technician to come out when VM requested it!!

Last night I spent just over an hour trying to book a technician to come out (as requested by a virgin media letter, email and sms) I dialled 150 and as this is a massive project you would have thought there would have been an option about fibre upgrade program but that is asking a bit much. None of the options really directed me to the right department so just went to the "leaving us" department.

To say that the following 4 people i spoke to (which i had to pass security every time) did not know what i was on about is an understatement, the last bloke was about 30 minutes of virtually silence apart from the occasional "sorry for the delay, i will be another couple of minutes"

I was that bored of silence and wondering if he was watching the re-run of a football match i even said my battery was running low on the phone just to try and speed him up and the reply was - i will call back on your mobile - i said you wont as i will be going bed!

When i asked whats taking so long to book an appointment as all i need is a day and time he said there was lots of forms to fill out, i just said cant you just book the appointment and then fill out what you need after the call has ended?

As it had now passed 9pm, I just started to say forget it i will ring back another time when i was greeted with a reply saying that a technician has been booked and i will receive a text confirming the appointment and is there anything else that i needed......err yeah, when is it made for?

After getting what seemed like blood out of the stone for the basic details (day, date and time) i had to be sure someone would be in for when the appointment was made, i was told it was Monday 28th between 1300-1800. I knew i could get someone being the afternoon so i agreed and the next day (today) i arranged for someone to be here as i would be at work until 1700

Today we receive a text message saying its Saturday 3rd in the morning. ARRRGHHHHH

The call started before 8pm and finished after 9pm. Dealing with Virgin Media Customer Service is really painful and slow

Please virgin, can you train you staff better so when people call when you have asked them to or when a big project is ongoing that the staff know what they are doing and can do what they need quickly.

It should have been me calling saying that i need a technician for the fibre upgrade program as per your letter, they look at my account and make an appointment, give me a date and am/pm time...job done!

#rantover

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fibre Phone Upgrade Problems

Hi Dibberly, 

Thanks for using the forums to air your disappointment with our engineer booking process after you received a letter from us about a service change. 

I can certainly understand your frustration with this and I apologise that you had such a hard time getting an agent to book an appointment at a convenient time. However, I understand there was still some miscommunication even after that as the date turned out to be different to what you were expecting.

I will be happy to take this feedback on board so that the team can rethink how they handle this kind of situation.

I can see from your services that the engineer visit is still scheduled to go ahead. 

Is there anything else you would like to ask? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
dibberly
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Megan

It was just a hard time booking an appointment full stop, i accepted the time / date he originally booked so the convenient time did not really come into it, it was actually hard to book the actual appointment.

What makes it worse, i was asked why did i need a technician to visit...apart from "your letter, email at text tells me i need one" i could not really answer the question as i dont know! - this which probably did not help much either

i was quite happy to leave things as they are and not use the phone after 19 Aug (as only get spam calls on it anyway) but the letter said the phone contract would be cancelled if the upgrade was not done and as i dont use the phone and tried to remove it before the package price increased so i left in on.

As the residential landline is slowly being used less and less as many use mobiles, i cant see why VM are spending so much to upgrade it...i gather its to future proof the technology but why futureproof something thats getting used less? (thats my thoughts)

Feel free to take the feedback back and rethink whats needed but from the experience i had they'res plenty of room for improvement for the future
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No problem Dibberly 🙂

I absolutely understand your multiple points and I too think as a business we have room to grow and the potential to make us legendary, it's just getting from A to B that's the challenge. Good thing is, feedback from customers like yourself helps us find the cracks, as it's not always obvious when you're a huge company with many moving parts. Things can get missed and we sometimes need help to focus on the cogs that aren't turning as well as they should. So thank you for that!

As for the upgrade, I believe it's in regards to migrating the landline service to a full DOCSIS system, I understand that it doesn't really affect you as you only really use the landline package as a discount - but for other people in the area who do use landline, it will hopefully make their phoneline service much better. I'm unsure of how the upgrade works at a site level, but there will be a reason why it's a blanket change instead of an individual household change. 

If you need to book an engineer again (and you can handle one or two days waiting whilst we get through our posts) I would suggest coming to us so that we can take care of you 🙂

Once again, I am sorry the experience this time was a negative, but I hope we can turn that around next time you need help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
dibberly
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I will gladly take the offer of coming to yourselves to arrange a engineer visit (if needed) next time.

No need to apologise...if you dont know you cant fix it!!

Thanks for your help and replies

Simon
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No worries Simon 🙂

We're always happy to help lovely customers like yourself! 

Just keep in mind that it can sometimes take us from a few hours to 2 days to get round to our posts - depending on how busy we are. But I can assure you, the wait will be worth it next time you need help!

I hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
dibberly
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To be honest...it might take longer in time (as in hours/couple days) but as your not waiting on the phone constantly it will probably be quicker as you can do other stuff while waiting for a reply on the forum

Unless urgent - i will be in touch here 🙂

Thank you so much and have a great weekend too 🙂
0 Kudos
dibberly
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Megan

just to let you know ive sent you a PM

Thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dibberly, 

Thanks for PMing me to reschedule your appointment 🙂 I have done so for you today as requested.

Just as a quick side note, did you know you can change appointments yourself on your Online Account? Might be quicker than waiting for an agent to come back on shift or calling up!

But of course, anything else you need, please feel free to come have a chat 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
dibberly
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i looked online to change the appointment myself but it said i had to contact you

Untitled.png

0 Kudos