cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Router??

KarenG61
Tuning in

Came back from holiday and found no wifi (devices could not even 'see' router and no phone line.  Router looked normal as regards lights showing and wired devices working OK.  Tried all the usual and rebooted router etc but still same issues.  I went through the automated help and eventually when all else failed did the factory reset option.  After an hour of waiting and router not going to white light and even wired devices not connecting I turned router off and on and when it booted up everything worked fine.  However the following morning now and phone not working again and wifi devices not connecting although this time they can 'see' the router and wifi name but will not connect saying cannot get IP address.  My mobile signal at home is terrible so I cannot phone up.

Hoping someone can help me asap

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KarenG61

Sorry to spoil the rest of your holiday, 

Let me take a look at this for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

have done this now

Thanks KarenG61

Just checking this now 

Gareth_L

Hi KarenG61

I have had to book the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

Thank you

Hi KarenG61

Can you please let me know how the visit goes

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth.  Engineer came yesterday and replaced router which was faulty all working now.  Thanks for your help!

Thanks for coming back to us @KarenG61.

I'm glad to hear that the engineer has been able to fix your router. 

Regards,

Steven_L