cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra phones

painter5teve
Joining in

What is the situation on having multiple phones that are plugged into sockets when I have to switch over to the fibre phone line and also my phone is in the hall where it is most convenient and the hub is in the lounge which is most convenient so I take it that I have to run a telephone extension cable through the rooms??

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi painter5teve,

Welcome to the community. 

If you are looking to have an extension socket with us then you'll need a technician visit for it. 

Has this been raised previously at all?

Thanks,

Kain

Question is what happens if you have multiple phones in the house, how are they going to work once we have the fibre phone line???

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey painter5teve,

In this instance our engineer would help you set up the phones so they all work via the hub.
Please, visit this link and read under Fibre phone compatibility and connectivity - you will find the answer to all your questions related to this matter.

I have copied and pasted the relevant bits regarding your query here:

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?

Yes – when our technician pops around to install the new Hub (if you need one) they’ll make sure all your phones work too.

What if the Hub and my phone are in different rooms?

Ideally, the Hub and your phone should be within 2 metres of each other. Our technician will chat to you about this when they connect the Hub. If you’d like your phone to be further away from the Hub, our technician may need to do additional wiring. Don’t worry, this won’t cost any extra.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Can you please, also advise us if you have a scheduled appointment for the installation of the line or not yet?
Let us know and we are happy to help if you need anything more.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs