Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dead phoneline

Phoneline is dead, so is there a way of reporting this to "faults" without dialling the 0345 number on my mobile?

Will a VM community mod pick this up and reply to me on here?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead phoneline

Hi Wilts,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our phone services.  Are you able to check another handset in the socket at all? Its just so we can eliminate its not the equipment causing the issue.

Have you also checked there are no know area faults that may be affecting your services? You can check here 

If you could try the above for us first and if you still need assistance we will gladly check in to this further for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Checked other socket Jodi and still nothing i.e. phoneline is dead.

Carried out the check via the link in my VM - report says no issues.

Could there be a fault at area VM junction box?

Look forward to your reply on next steps.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Been in email conversation with a VM rep on and off for a few days, and agreed to borrow a neighbour's handset to test the line. Still dead line.

Then out of the blue this morning i have a dialling tone and called my home landline with my mobile. It works.

So VM after assuring me, last week, that there were no issues with VM landlines in my area, and after a week with a dead line, suddenly today it is working again.

VM - were you hiding something last week? Noticed a number of different people on here reporting dead phone lines.

What is going on VM? Has there been a more widespread issue going on that you failed to pass on to your customers?

Suspicious.

0 Kudos