cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect landline base station to hub3

Chardy51
Tuning in

Been here before with this question. I want to move my landline base station to another  room where there is no phone socket, but the hub is in that room so i could  connect it to the hub3.

1 I know an adapter is required, what type?

2 Can the connection be done remotely?

3 Or is an engineer visit required and if so is this f.o.c?

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chardy51,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

For your landline service to run through the router instead of the wall socket we'll need to carry out the switchover in your local area. Have you received any communication about your switchover date? With that communication we'll also provide you with an adapter.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your response 

No I haven't received any information,  

It's required for practical purposes  

Hi @Chardy51,

Have you discussed this matter with the team at all in the past? If so, what have they advised?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I got a bit bogged down with security questions, when I was only after answers to the previous questions I asked above.

One advisor just booked an engineer visit, with no indications as what they would be doing or any cost involved, I cancelled the engineer and gave up at that time.

I would just like the above questions answered please🤞

Hi @Chardy51,

You would need an adapter, but it's an adapter we provide as explained earlier. The switchover is done remotely on the local switchover date, which you'll be notified of nearer the time. In that same communication, you'll be provided with the aforementioned adapter.

The only time an engineer visit is required is if your current set up will not allow you to have your landline and Hub located in the same place. They'll come out to perform some rewiring if that's what's needed.

You can find more information about the switchover here.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team