cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Landline number

Stephenlehardy
Tuning in

My parents have been receiving a lot of nuisance calls including "spoofed" calls where someone has been using their number. After looking into call blocking devices and phones, I think they would be too complicated for my parents as they are in their 90s and my Mum is hard of hearing and wants to keep her phone. They are a bit reluctant to change their number because they would have to let everyone know individually. Does Virgin provide a feature that would make people aware of their new number or would this defeat the object and allow more spam calls? 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Changing landline number might help but may possibly make the situation worse. Any 'new' number will be recycled from a pool of numbers owned by VM.

There have been plenty of past examples on here of people making a number change, only to find they are still plagued by nuisance calls or have inherited a number with past business connections. It would be a lottery as to which new number you receive.

If your parents' number is still being abused for fake caller ID, then a number change might help but might also make things worse or no better. Something you should be aware of before making such a change not withstanding the inconvenience of notifying contacts of the number change.

Thank you. That is very useful information. I'm hoping the calls may die down soon.

Hello Stephenlehardy

Sorry to hear of the number issues with your parent's landline and the frustration this can cause, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this with us via the forums.

As goslow has advised changing the number may not resolve this issue I'm afraid, we also don't have a notification system that would allow people to know of the number change if you chose to do this.

If this is something you would like us to look into let us know.

Rob