Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changed my home telephone number when I moved house

I informed Virgin of my house move and informed them that I wanted to move my virgin services to my new address. I stressed that I wanted to keep my existing phone number and was told that was no problem. My new address is in the same telephone exchange area as my old address.

i was given an installation date for the move and the engineers arrived on that date and did a very good job. At my new address the phone line was connected direct to my home hub. However I was told by the installation engineer that I had a different phone number.

i rang 150 to complain and told them I wanted my old number back. I was told that they were not sure that I could have my old number as I am now on a different system. They said they would send a request to their technical support to request my old number back and I was told this could take up to 48 working hours to take affect. The 48 hours has passed and I do not have my old number but Virgin has not contacted to update me.

I had my old number for over 40 years and I want it back. 

If Virgin can’t to do this why did they tell they could when I requested the move.

I am seriously considering leaving.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed my home telephone number when I moved house

Hi there Bradbury86, 

I am sorry to understand that there has been some issues with your House Move and with taking your old number with you. 

All checks on this should have been done prior to moving to confirm if we have capacity in your new area to take your number and if the number range can also be moved to your new property. 

I've not been able to locate your account from your Forum information so I have popped you a Private Message so we can take the information securely and see what we can do to assist you. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can if you still need our assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The issue has now been resolved and I have my old number back.

Thanks to Lisa from Virgin and this forum for finally getting it sorted.

its a pity that the proper checks etc were not done when I placed my orders, thus preventing all the hassle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating this thread Bradbury86 and letting us know that your old number is back with you and working.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have the exact same issue and been told i can't have my old number as it's on a different switch? can you do your magic as you did with Bradbury86 thanks Steve
0 Kudos