cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Takenocrit
Joining in

JUST BLOCK THEM! They are a company interested in profits, not being nice. They are only nice if they are loosing money and since you left them then what do they care if they upset you? And don't take it personally. Telecomms companies are all the same. Just wait for the best deal when your next contract runs out and swap. And then block the next retention team that starts bothering you. And repeat.

getstuffedvirgi
Just joined

Keep calling me. Wish they would stop I have cancelled tv & broadband package as all they do is increase the price & the customer service is awful. If they carry on I will take it further as it is harassment. Are they so thick that if you cancel you really want calls etc from them. I cannot wait until my mobile contract is finished so I no longer pay them anything!

@Paul001 wrote:

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

Zebb
On our wavelength

Can you update my marketing preferences also, to stop calls from0800 408 9340. Thanks. Webchat doesn't exist anymore, just an error message.

Zebb
On our wavelength

0800 183 6408 is the same as 0800 408 9340, make them stop VM.

Zebb
On our wavelength

Virgin Media reported to TPS, Telephone Preference Service. Every two hours, not funny VM.

e110074
On our wavelength

I think the easiest solution is to just quit Virgin and cite the reason why. Forget phoning up to opt out of marketing communications. It's a waste of time because your phone number has already been sold off to some Indian call centre company, and resold to a host of others including those in the Philippines. I have never once accepted any T&C's directly or 'added' a mobile number to any forms, yet called on a work mobile once when out of my home to see about obtaining a VAT receipt. Law and behold, a month later I'm bombarded with pestering cold calls wanting to sell me a mobile phone. I'm currently logging all of the calls, and will e-mail this along with my cancellation of my broadband. It's 2018 now, and cold calling is becoming a thing of the past. For Virgin to misuse it's customers data in this way is appalling.

My advise for anyone registering with Virgin - Only give them your address, don't supply or provide any phone numbers to them and any time you call them, always withhold the number so that their greasy paws don't get hold of it

VMCustomer78392
Joining in

I just had a call from this number, they spent 5 minutes telling what a valuable customer I am, and how they are going to get an engineer to come out a review my wifi hub and pcs to make sure that I'm getting the best internet, plus they are going to give me free virus protection and if I have any pc issues virgin will also cover that.

I thought wow Virgin has really up'ed their game.

£9.99 per month extra... why did they not say that at the start so I could hang up?

Also the way they deliver this message is very tricky, I think someone a little older or not paying attention may have been tricked into paying this extra £9.99 per month.

After I told the lady how annoyed I was with her trying to sneakily sell me this extra, she said "what about your your telephone company"... I hung up.

i am sick to death of this number calling my non Virgin mobile phone several times a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can I complain and get this stopped I`m sick of it !!!!!!!!!!

Annoying.. and they leave messages on my voicemail simply stating they are from Virgin, which is also annoying because i then have to go into my voicemail and delete the messages, especially annoying when you have gone three days with no broadband and these muptards want to try and sell you more of their crappy services. I've had eleven engineers in the past with only the last one being competant at his job, and i definetly won't be answering those calls because i will end up shouting down the phone using all sorts of colourful language. STOP PHONING ME!!!!!!

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi adam35, 

I am sorry that you're not happy with our sales calls - you can request to stop these by calling us on 150/03454541111. 

Are you still having issues with your broadband at the moment? If so, please do let us know and we'll assist you where we can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team