Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Callers can't hear me

I have recently purchased a BT Premium handset (with Call Guardian) because having just joined VM, we started receiving silent calls almost immediately despite being registered with TPS. However, when we receive a call we can hear the caller but the caller can't hear us. I have checked that the phone is correctly plugged into the socket at the rear of the hub (via the short adaptor provided by VM) and into the handset base, that its not on mute, that outgoing calls are allowed. The line was working perfectly with an old panasonic cordless handset prior to change. As we're social distancing, we can't test the new handset in another household. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem; hub settings etc? Any assistance is appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Callers can't hear me

Try removing the power from your base unit of your phones for 10 seconds

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately that made no difference. Any further suggestions would be helpful. We're finding it impossible getting thro' to VM's call centre now! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could try your old phone set to see if it's your new phones that are faulty or not

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again, but I'd already checked this and the old phones are fine. I'm going to return the new phones now. 

0 Kudos