Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Caller display not working

I have a BT 8610 telephone, which includes call blocking. This works of the number through caller display. It is now blocking everything, including the numbers that should come straight through. I understand that is a problem with caller display. 

How can I check that the caller display on the line is working properly? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller display not working

I have just borrowed another phone with caller display. When I plugged it into my phone line, the caller display did not work. So that show that there is a fault with the caller display on my home phone line. 

Now I need to get it fixed. How do I contact Virgin to tell them there is a fault. I have just waited 40 minutes on 150, listening to some of the most irritating music I have ever heard. I gave up - the pain became too great! Every other avenue on the Virgin website finishes up (eventually) with "call 150". There does not seem to be any chat line or other way to contact them to book a technician. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update on progress.

I have now found a way to start a message conversation with Virgin. It is proving as effective as the other methods I have tried. 

I went through talking to the robot, and told it I had a problem with my landline. It seems that it has transferred it to the Broadband queue, despite it asking and me responding quite explicitly that it is a landline problem.

But that does not really make any difference. I started the conversation at 20:09 yesterday. At 20:12, the robot offered to transfer me to the people who can help me.

at 7:12 this morning, it sent me another message, asking if I still needed help. I picked this up at 10:13, as I do not spend my entire life plugged in to the computer. I responded Yes, and the whole dialogue started again. 

So. at 10:05, the robot told me "I’ve just transferred your query to the people who can help you. Due to social distancing there’s less of us in the office so it may take up to 24hrs to get back to you."

I remain highly unimpressed by this who charade! AndI am still waiting for a conversation with a human who can break me out of this vicious circle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did, in the end, manage to get through on a telephone call. The problem is that Caller display had been switched off. I got them to switch it back on, and everything is working again.
It is just a pity that it took so much effort to reach this point.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RetiredPaul,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointing to hear that you've had issues with your caller display feature on your landline.

We understand the frustration caused when this feature fails to show any numbers calling. We would like to apologise for the time it has taken you to get this issues resolved and we appreciate your feedback regarding this.

Your feedback will help us to improve the way we converse with our customers for the future.

If you have any further issues or need assistance in the future please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos