Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID stopped working

Caller ID has stopped working on my landline.  Also I've been having problems with people calling but the phone not ringing (intermittent issue).  I can make outgoing calls without any problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller ID stopped working

HI

The issues that you are experiencing can be caused by either a voltage fault on your drop cable ( the cable that runs from your property to the cabinet ) or a fault with the port in which your line is connected to in the cabinet. Have you completed the basic checks i.e tried a different phone handset in the main socket just to rule out a fault with your equipment?

Thanks

Craig

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It’s a great way to get help with your Virgin Mobile services - and it's free!

Just send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've separately tried a couple of phones.  Overall the fault is quite odd.  I can make calls without issue but incoming calls typically cause no ringing and if ringing does occur there is no caller id. In the no ringing scenario if I do a test call from my mobile answering the call doesn't stop the ringing for the caller and on the phone there is silence, not even dial tone. One of your colleagues has assisted me to set up a divert so at least I don't miss any calls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried the messaging service but didn't get any meaningful help.  All I was really wanting was someone to check the service hadn't accidentally been disabled on my account, which I agree is unlikely since it is free for all.  I've had an engineer visit to check the line and he said everything is OK.  Ultimately I'd like to move my landline to the 21CV service but it isn't urgent.

0 Kudos