Menu
aps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID stopped working (after a repair)

We lost the dial tone on our phone a couple of weeks ago.   An engineer came early last week and fixed the dial tone so we can now make and receive calls.

However, we now seem to have lost the Call ID function which has worked on this phone for years.  Furthermore if I dial 1471 I get a message saying the "Sorry this function is not available on this line".

How can I get this service re-enabled on this line?  I thought 1471 was a standard feature anyway.  I can see no settings in My Account on the website.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID stopped working (after a repair)

Hi aps,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and also the caller ID issue.

I can see from checking the system today that you've called and spoke to the team since posting and we've got a technician booked in as it wasn't something that could be reset remotely.

Please do let us know how the visit goes or if you need any further help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
aps
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID stopped working (after a repair)

We now have this fixed. 

Getting it to work was a lengthy process.   Firstly on the phone I was put through to second level support who reactivated the call features that got 1471 working, but they could not make the Caller ID work despite me spending almost an hour on the phone to them..

An engineer was booked who turned up and spent 2 hours trying to fix it even replacing the socket on the wall.   He gave up and later that day a network engineer had a go at fixing it.  He did not come in the house but said he could see the function was still not enabled in the system.  He sort of implied this might be our fault as a tick box had not been checked on our account.   (There is no tick box I know of as this is an included feature.)

He disappeared somewhere.  After about an hour he called back and asked us to check this and it now works.

0 Kudos