Menu
PaulOckenden
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call divert not working

My elderly dad added Call Divert to his phone service over a week ago but dialling *70 still says "Service not available on this account". His calls to customer services keep going round in circles.  Everyone he speaks to seems to pass him to a different department, he's been all round the houses and often gets cut off. Difficult because he's elderly with hearing problems.

I'd like to resolve this on his behalf if I could - sounds like something isn't provisioned correctly.

Difficult though because I'm a) not the account holder and b) only at the premises occasionally. When I was there last I did confirm that *70 still wasn't working on his VM phone line. 

What Can I do?

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call divert not working

Hi @PaulOckenden

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your dads Call Divert feature not working.

Please can you clarify a few thinsg for me:

Please clarify where the divert is e.g. his residential landline?

Can you tell us where the number is to be diverted to e.g. a different mobile number or landline? Is that number a Virgin Media/Virgin Mobile number?

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
PaulOckenden
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Serena,

Yes, it's a residential VM phone line. As for the second question he can't even get that far - as soon as he dials *70 he gets a message saying that the service isn't available.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PaulOckenden

Thanks for getting back to me with these details.

I would like to take a lot at your dads account and check what is happening with this Call Feature. I shall send you a private message now so that we can pass DPA and look into this further 🙂

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner,

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
PaulOckenden
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We got it working. He was told to use *70 for call divert by customer services but it turns out this was the wrong code for his area. *21 worked. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating us with this information @PaulOckenden.

I am glad to see it is now working for you!

I hope you have a lovely day, you know where we are if you ever need help again.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos