cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Divert

iamthenewph7
On our wavelength

We have "Anytime Chatter" & "Call Divert" included in our package. We have not used the Call Divert, but we are thinking of using it. Can anyone clarify what the charges are for this service? If I divert my calls to my mobile, will I be charged for any calls that are diverted from the landline to the mobile, bearing in mind that Anytime Chatter allows for free calls as long as they are less than 60 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Thanks for clarifying.

It was suggested at the end of this topic from May that 'Talk Unlimited' did allow the diverted call to be 'free' under the landline package.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Divert-charges/m-p/5329770

Is 'Anytime Chatter' a downgraded version of 'Talk Unlimited' if the free diversion no longer exists?

Having the 'Anytime Chatter', for use in conjunction with call divert, would seem a bit pointless if the diverted call is chargeable. It would be a very expensive way to pick up calls to the landline when the customer is not at home.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iamthenewph7 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

For info on call rate and charges please see 👉 here

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That doesn't really answer my question. Will I be charged if I use call divert as I have Anytime Chatter included in my package?

The information is provided in the link I sent you.

You will be charged for the call divert. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

iamthenewph7
On our wavelength

I have already read the information on the call charges. I am still not clear about what I will be paying. I already pay for Call Divert as it is part of my package. I also pay for calls as I have Anytime Chatter as it is part of my package?

My understanding is the person calling you pays for a call to your landline number.

You pay for a call from your landline to your mobile but, as you are on 'Anytime Chatter', you would not be charged as long as the diverted call lasted less than 60 minutes.

I think there might possibly be an issue if your mobile number is what VM terms a 'mobile wi-fi' number which is not covered in the 'Anytime Chatter' plan. These are mobile numbers from specific providers (often ones offering discounted international calls etc.). Past topics have mentioned 'Anytime' customers unexpectedly being charged for calls to 'mobile wi-fi' numbers.

They are identified by a FW code in the document below (call charges by dial code). Can't find a more recent version than this from 2020

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Cal...

ordinary mobile numbers have a FM code. You can look up your mobile number prefix to confirm.

That's my understanding of how it works but it isn't an official VM answer so don't make any decisions (or diverted calls!) based on the above alone.

Hopefully one of the VM forum team will reply back here to confirm, or correct, the above.

Hi iamthenewph7

To clarify, the owner of the forwarded line must pay any toll charges for forwarded calls.

This is additional to the monthly fee for the call feature.

Hope this helps.

If you do have any further questions, please pop back to us and we will do our best to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The basis of the question from the OP is do they have to pay for the diverted call because they have the 'Anytime Chatter' package which should allow a free call from the landline to a mobile for up to 60 minutes?

Hi goslow,

Yes, the toll charge for forwarded calls would be applied regardless of the talk plan the customer has. 

Apologies if this wasn't made clear earlier. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Thanks for clarifying.

It was suggested at the end of this topic from May that 'Talk Unlimited' did allow the diverted call to be 'free' under the landline package.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Divert-charges/m-p/5329770

Is 'Anytime Chatter' a downgraded version of 'Talk Unlimited' if the free diversion no longer exists?

Having the 'Anytime Chatter', for use in conjunction with call divert, would seem a bit pointless if the diverted call is chargeable. It would be a very expensive way to pick up calls to the landline when the customer is not at home.