cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Divert

SMC239
Tuning in

I've been using call divert of and on for a few months when I'm travelling away from home. I last tried to use it last week but found it wasn't working. I've just checked my account and think it has been removed at some point in December. Why would this have been done without me requesting it and how soon can I get it back again?

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SMC239 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear Call Divert isn't working. Have you re-set it up since your phone service migrated to the 21CV service? Phone via the router. If not, please do re-set it up and it'll work 🙂

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I enter 21 followed by my mobile number but only get halfway through entering it before getting an engaged tone

I've also phone 150 and spoken to someone who says it's not been removed but I can see on my account that it was. Shed told me she'd reapplied it and that it should now be working but I'm still getting the same engaged tone when trying to type in the number to divert to.

Thanks for coming back to me. OK so you were previously on the call divert on the old school phone. However, migrated to the new 21CV (phone via the hub), we re-added it at the time of migration so it should work

I have now sent this to our telephony team, their timescales are 3 working days

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

That's very disappointing it's going to take 3 days as I'm going out of the country on Sunday morning. The whole point of me subscribing to this service was to have my home phone diverted when I'm not here. 

I do appreciate what you're saying. They are the timescales for this to be sorted and I do hope it's fixed sooner for you. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

When you say you enter 21 followed by your mobile number, do you mean *21*mobilenumber# ?

As you appear to be in the purple zone (phone service via the hub), if Call Divert has been removed from the account you will hear 'Sorry, the service is not available from this line' as soon as you key *21*

Sorry for the late response. I've been on holiday.

I can confirm that the call divert is now working, thank you for all your help.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know this is now resolved DMC239. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat