cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAR CRASHED INTO GREEN BOX

alien_12
Tuning in

Some drunken woman crashed into 3 green boxes two nights ago, it was carnage. The engineers had to completely rebuild the boxes along with all the damaged cabling. They've done a good job, but on the status page it says broadband and TV still got issues and phone are OK . My phone has no dialling tone, people ring my phone but I hear no ringing. I've tried another phone and that's the same, so there's obviously still a fault on my phone line. Because they're still busy there, I'll leave it a day and see what happens.

box.jpgbox.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you reported your individual loss of service? That's the first place to start if you haven't already.

I appreciate you know the likely cause of it, but report it all the same - and that way, if you're not restored when the streetcab is deemed repaired, you don't have to start from scratch - heck, VM should even check with you.

You can use 0345 4541111 to contact VM from any working phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alien_12,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline since the accident. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. 

I have had a look at our systems and I can see the fault is still ongoing. Our team has been made aware of this and is currently working to resolve the matter. The current estimated fix time for this is 02 APR 2022 20:00. Please do let us know if the issue persists after this and we will do our best to help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Engineer just fixed my phone. As soon as I told him about the crash he went to the box. He returned a few minutes later and  it was fixed.😃

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @alien_12

Thank you for your reply!

Great to hear this is all sorted for you now and the technician has managed to get this resolved.

I hope you have a great day and please do contact us if you require any further help

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs